Thursday, March 18, 2010

Blogging Basics

It is amazing to me that any person out there can create their own website in a matter of a few minutes. In the last 30 minutes I have created a blog, learned a few basics about how to format it, and now I have started to add some posts. My wife has had a family blog for a couple years now, but I have never tried to setup my own blog before. The goal of this first blog is to learn how to use it well, so I can go on and create new blogs on more specialized topics.

My first step is to learn some of the basics about blogging. What can I do with posts? How do I add pictures and videos? How can I make my posts more interesting. What formatting can I do with the site to make it more fun for people to visit?

My second goal is to find ways to attract people to my blog and find ways to get them to keep coming back. I need to learn how to add interesting content, and I need to find ways to start poles and discussions. Doing this will make the site more interesting to visit often.

For this first blog, I will use it to keep track of the things I have learned about blogging. I am just starting, so there should be plenty of things to write about. Since I have started looking into blogs, I have learned about RSS feeds, keywords, metatags, and some HTML. It has been interesting for me to go out and check out blogs to see what others are doing. I have started to jot down some ideas for possible blogs I may start in the future.

Day one of blogging is a success, and I have now posted my first post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment