Thursday, March 25, 2010

Getting Closer

After a couple weeks of research, I am getting closer to understanding how to do this bloging stuff. If I am going to take the time to write posts and keep up on my blog, I want to make sure I am doing it right. I have played with the software enough to know how to do a few things. It has also been interesting to learn about SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

My next goals are to get my site searched by Google so it can be found by web searches. One way I am trying to do this is to put a link on my wife's blog. After I get my blog found by Google, I need to learn how to improve the Google ranking of my blog. My wife's blog is a number one ranking, and this seems to be the case for most blogs. I have found some 2 and 3 ranked blogs. A chalenging goal will be to get my blog ranked as a 4 or a 5. It probably won't be this blog that ranks that high. Ideas are starting to form in my head for my "real" blog. That will be the one that I will spend the most time on trying to improve.

It is amazing to me how much free information there is out on the web. People have started posting free stuff on the web to get more traffic onto their sites. Once they have more traffic, they try to sell things like subcriptions or ebooks. If I can ignore these advertisements, I can really learn a lot of stuff for free. These make is sound like the books or software will make everything much more simple. That may be true, but I need to learn how to do it first. That is the only way I will really understand it. Once I am sure it is stuck in my brain, I may be willing to buy something to save me some time.

I figure I need to start writing some posts so I can start getting used to it. Once I make it a habit, I can start to direct my posts more to a set topic. Until then, rambling is OK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment